Sponsored by the Forces in Mind Trust (FiMT) and supported by Defence Relationship Management , Chamber Military Network provides a package of support that enables all Chambers of Commerce across England & Wales with the tools, knowledge and understanding to effectively promote the value, benefits and opportunities available to business through the Armed Forces Covenant.
Key Project Aims
- Develop a standard practice framework for the delivery through the Accredited Chamber network for ‘Military and Business’
- This programme to become a primary conduit linking and enabling engagement between business and the Armed Forces community
- To increase the number of corporate covenant signatories and engage directly with business to encourage signatories to take a proactive approach to their pledge.
- Leverage chamber benefits for military business
- Increase in businesses understanding of the benefits of the AFC - leading to pledging
- Better support for AF employees in the workplace under the ERS award scheme
- Higher profile for local and national Armed Forces community in business.
- Connect military community owned business with commercial opportunities
About the Armed Forces Covenant
The Armed Forces Covenant is a pledge that together we acknowledge and understand that those who serve or who have served in the Armed Forces, and their families, should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve with their lives.
“To those who proudly protect our nation, who do so with honour, courage, and commitment, the Armed Forces Covenant is the nation’s commitment to you.”
The covenant focusses on helping members of the Armed Forces community have the same access to government and commercial services and products as any other citizen.
This support is provided in a number of areas including:
- education and family well-being
- having a home
- starting a new career
- access to healthcare
- financial assistance
- discounted services
To date more than 5000 organisations have signed the Armed Forces Covenant including businesses and charities nationwide. Chamber Military Network will see Chambers and their members undertake the signing of the Armed Forces Covenant and deliver their employment pledges as part of the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS).
What to learn more about the Armed Forces Covenant Click HERE Further guides available within your toolkit.